This is a part-time opportunity with an established family-owned company in Hartland WI who prides itself on promoting from within. Flexible scheduling between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm.
Receives, stores, and distributes products within K&L Sales Warehouse by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
• Filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
• Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shipping department.
• Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
• Weighing and counting items for distribution for sales orders or within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Preparing parcels for mailing.
• Assist shipping and receiving, loading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to warehouse staff for processing.
• Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code using RFID scanning.
• Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program and using RFID scanning.
• Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
• Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
• Sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
• Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one year or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to use a computer as this position frequently uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copy machines to pull and ready orders.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 70 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Please email your application to email@example.com
For more info about this position please visit our MilwaukeeJobs.com listing here »